CLOSING DATE - 08/03/2021
|AGENCY||Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors|
|TITLE||Residential Care Officer (Disability Support Worker)|
|JOB AD REF|
|LOCATION||Various, as per advertised position.|
|SALARY RANGE||$34.05 (not inclusive of shift allowances)|
|BUSINESS AND UNIT SERVICE AREA||Accommodation Support and Respite|
Services – Various service areas
|REPORTS TO||Team Leader|
|STATUS AND EMPLOYMENT TYPE||Casual|
|CONTACT DETAILS||Workforce Capability|
|MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS||Certificate IV in Disability or ability to complete within a prescribed timeframe.|
HLTAID003/HLTAID011 Provide First Aid certificate or HLTAID004 – “Provide an
emergency first aid response in an education and care setting”
Open “C” class Australian driver’s licence
Attendance at paid induction training program and satisfactory completion of training
WANT TO APPLY?
To apply, your application should include:
- a one-page cover letter outlining who you are, your strengths and qualifications, and why you are interested in this role. Consider the competencies listed in ‘How will you be assessed for this role’, in particular the behavioural indicators for each competency provided in the Leadership competencies for Queensland.
- a current resume containing details of two referees. At least one referee should have a thorough knowledge of your work over the past two years as your manager or supervisor.
- copies of:
– Open “C” class Australian driver’s licence – please provide evidence of name change if the name on your licence is different to your qualification documents. (P1 and P2 classes are not accepted.)
– HLTAID003 – “Provide First Aid” or HLTAID004 – “Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting” and CPR certificate/s.
– Your passport, only if you are not currently an Australian citizen and hold a visa. The Department is required to complete a visa check (VEVO) to confirm working rights).
Completion of a compulsory questionnaire emailed to you after submission of your SmartJobs application is also required.
Contact Details for the Workforce Capability Recruitment team
Applicants are required to apply online at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au, follow the prompts and provide
ALL of the required attachments as per the How to Apply section of the Role Profile.
For your application to be considered it MUST be complete.
Information provided is true and accurate at time of printing and is subject to change without prior notification.